|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phillips Annual Town Meeting - Thursday, June 23, 6:00 pm
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- April 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - May 9 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Budget Committee & Selectmen - Wednesday - April 20 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - tentative date: Monday - April 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - May 3 - 4:30 pm - at Mrs. Kane's classroom, 2nd Fl, Phillips School.
- Al-Anon Meeting - May 3 - Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7 pm to 8 pm Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - April 13 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Phillips Area Micro-Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday - April 19 - 5:00 pm at Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed -April 20 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Bingo - Held on 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments. Suspended temporarily.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Phillips Public Library Annual Penny Auction taking place at the Library Studio Annex - Viewing and tickets sold from March 26 thru April 29 during open library hours - Auction taking place on Saturday, April 30. No tickets sold on that day.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|