|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Openings for one alternate.
Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Opening for one member from Phillips
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
Mt. Blue Standcard Water District is looking for two people to fill three-year terms as Trustees from the town of Phillips. Call Carol Rogers at 639-5306 for more info.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Aug 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Sept 14 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Sept 1- 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Sept 1 Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7pm to 8 pm Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Circle for the Arts - Tuesday - Sept 8 - 7:00 pm at Morning Bridge Center.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - Sept 9 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Sept 16 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Community Room.
- Farmers Market - Every Saturday - 10 am to 2 pm - at American Legion Hall, Depot St.
- Flea & Craft Market - 1st Saturday of the month - 10 am to 2 pm - at the PACC, Depot St.
- Little White Church Antiques and Café - Open 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Wed thru Sunday.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - Starts promptly at 6:30 pm - Partners only - at American Legion, Depot St - $5 admission - Payouts for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places, depending on number of tables.
- Phillips Historical Society House - Open 1st & 3rd Sundays of he month - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad - See Operating Schedule
- Aug 27 - Thursday - Public Forum with MSAD #58 Superintendent Susan Pratt - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Avon Town Hall. All are invited.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|