|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SURPLUS ITEMS FOR SALE
Fuel Assistance Sign-Ups - Western Maine Community Action will be at the PACC on Sept. 6, 16 & 19 to sign up people for fuel assistance. Make an appointment ahead of time with WMCA by calling Judy at 860-4459.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Sept 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Sept 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Sept 26 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Sept 6 - 4:30 pm - at the PACC -
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - Sept 21 - 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed -Sept 21 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Sept 10, Saturday, 7 pm - Gothard Sisters - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - Adults, $15; Children $5 (Friends of the PACC, $1 discount) For more info on the Gothard Sisters, Click here.
- Sept 10 & 11, Saturday and Sunday - Winona's Golf Challenge (in memory of Gordon) at Justafield - Fun for all - Fundraiser for the PACC.
- Little White Church Antiques & More - Eats & Treats Café - May 18 thru Oct 16 - 9 am to 4 pm.
- Creative Collections - Saturday and Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm
- Farmers Market - Saturdays - May 28 thru Sept 24 - 10 am to 2 pm - at American Legion building, Depot St. More info.
- Phillips Historical House - Open on 1st and 3rd Sundays, May thru Oct - 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012
- Maine Native Driftwood Santas - Thursday thru Saturday, until Christmas - Noon to 5:00 pm or whenever the OPEN sign is out. Located at 32 River Rd (Rt 149 South)
- Flea & Craft Market - Every first Saturday of the month ( Last one, Sept 3) - held at the PACC, Depot St. - Click here for more information.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Bingo - Held on 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments. Suspended temporarily.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|