|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phillips Town Office is now utilizing the Winter Entrance. Please enter at the entrance on the end of the building.
PUBLIC INFORMATIONAL MEETING
New Animal Control Officer
Errol Berry is the new Animal Control Officer for the Towns of Phillips and Avon. As part of his service to the community, Errol would like to pass along the importance of having your dogs licensed and to not allow your dogs to roam at large. To report an animal control issue please call the Franklin County Sheriff's Dispatch number at 778-6140. Dog Ordinance.
Free - Teaching Ten Tips Healthy Cooking/Eating/Shopping Classes
They will be held at the Foster Memorial Building in Strong, Thursdays: Jan 26, Feb 2, 9, 16. To enroll, call Strong Health Center, 684-4010. See Flyer for more details.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Jan 24 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Feb 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Public Information Hearing - Thursday - Jan 26 - 6:00 pm at Town Office regarding new sidewalks project.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Jan 23 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - Feb 7 - 4:30 pm - at the School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Feb 9 - 6:00 pm at the Phillips Town Office. .
- Sandy River Business Association - Wed -Feb 15 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. No Dec. meeting.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday -April 18 - 4:30 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- Jan 21 - Saturday - Snow Sculpting hosted by Phillips Public Library - 2 pm. Bring shovels, small tools, buckets, cardboard boxes, etc. and an idea. Sculptures not completed on that day can be finished later. Hot chocolate and cookies available. Storm date: Jan. 28.
- Jan 25 - Wednesday - Writing Your Family History - Hour-long talk by Dick Matthews - Phillips Public Library - 5 pm.
- Jan 28 - Saturday - True Stories & Tall Tales and Potluck Supper - Phillips Area Community Center - Potluck Supper starts at 5:00 pm followed by local stories told by Winona Davenport, Doug Dunlap, Tom Skolfield, Tom Saviello, Karen Pease and Niilo Sillanpaa. Admission is $5 OR bring a dish to share. Those bringing food, please let Winona, 639-4296 know ahead of time.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|