|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Phillips Animal Control Officer
Surplus Items for Sale
Public Tax Acquired Real Estate Auction
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday-Sept 26 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Oct 9- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Sept 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Oct 3 - 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Oct 12 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Help plan for next Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - Sept 20 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room. On agenda- Discussion of DRAFT proposed Property Maintenance Ordinance with Dain Trafton, Chair, Plannning Bd.
- Sept. 23 - Saturday - 7 p.m. - Roochie Toochie and the Ragtime Shepherd Kings concert at the PACC - old time novelty jazz and pop quintet - Admission $10 for adults, Children 12 and under, $5.
- Sept 26 to 30 - set up Tuesday thru Saturday, day of judging - Annual Scarecrow Reunion at intersection of Rtes 142 & 149 - entry forms available at Edmunds - Catergories are scariest, funniest and most beautiful.
- Sept 30 - Sat - 9 am to 3 pm - Model Train & Hobby Fair - SR&RL RR & Great Falls Model RR Club - Antique cars - at the PACC, Depot St - Free Admission.
- Sept 30 - Saturday - Ghost Train Run - 6:45 pm to 9:00 pm - trains leaving station every half hour. Benefit of Phillips 8th Grade students.
- Sept 30 - Saturday - SR&RL RR steam train, Monson #3, rides from 11 am to 4 pm.
- Farmers Market - Depot St - Saturdays - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides (Steam) - Most Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. See Schedule for dates.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - $30 Buy-in American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers Market - 15 Depot St - Saturdays - Open May 27 through Sept. - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 17 thru Oct. 15 - 9 am to 4pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|