|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME STARTS MARCH 9
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Town Office Winter Entrance - Side Door
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Openings for one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- March 10 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - March 18 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Community Meeting Rm.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - April 7- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - March 10 - 4:30 pm - at the Phillips School.
- Al-Anon Meeting March 10 - Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7pm to 8 pm - 64 Dodge Rd, Phillips
- Phillips Circle for the Arts - Tuesday - March 10 - 7:00 pm at Morning Bridge Center.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - March 11 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Roller Skating - Last Saturday of the month - 10:00 am to noon - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - 1st time free - $3/child; $5/2children of same family thereafter. For info call Jen James at 639-2869.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|