|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
The Phillips Town Office is now utilizing the Winter Entrance. Please enter at the entrance on the end of the building.
New Animal Control Officer
Errol Berry is the new Animal Control Officer for the Towns of Phillips and Avon. As part of his service to the community, Errol would like to pass along the importance of having your dogs licensed and to not allow your dogs to roam at large. To report an animal control issue please call the Franklin County Sheriff's Dispatch number at 778-6140. Dog Ordinance.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Dec. 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Dec 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Dec 26? - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - Dec 6 - 4:30 pm - at the School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - Dec 8 - 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wed -Jan 18 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room.
- Nov 30 - Wednesday - Images of Greenland. a travel narrative by Andrea Nurse - 6:30 pm - at Phillips Public Library - No admission charge but donations to the Library gratefully accepted.
- Dec 3 - Saturday - Children's Shopping Day - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm - Avon Town Hall. Opportunity for children to buy gifts for 25 cents and to have their photo taken with Santa.
- Dec 17 - Saturday - Phillips Library Christmas Party - starting at 11 am. - Open to the Public.
- Creative Collections - Pleasant St - Saturday and Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012.
- Maine Native Driftwood Santas - Thursday thru Saturday, until Christmas - Noon to 5:00 pm or whenever the OPEN sign is out. Located at 32 River Rd (Rt 149 South)
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|