|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Part Time Truck Driver/Equipment Operator
The Town of Phillips is accepting applications for a part time/call in Truck Driver/Equipment Operator. This position is a semi-skilled, manual labor position requiring the operation of heavy trucks and motorized equipment used for maintenance of municipal roads, including snow and ice control. A clean driving record and a class B/CDL Maine Drivers license and a pre-employment physical and chemical/drug screen test is required.
Applications can be obtained at the Town Office located at 15 Russell Street, Phillips.
The Town of Phillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Oct 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Nov 14 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Nov 28 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center Board meeting - Tuesday - Nov 8 - 4:30 pm - at the PACC -
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - October 12 - 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office. See Notice above.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee meeting - Wed - October 19 - 4:00 pm at Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wed - Oct 19 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Oct 1- 8 - 25th AnnualScarecrow Reunion, Main St at intersection of Rtes 149 & 142 - Judging on Oct. 8 - Sponsored by Phillips Conservation Commission
- Oct. 15 (Sat evening, 6:30 pm) & 16 (Sunday matinee, 2 pm) - Phillips Follies IV - at the Phillips Area Community Center - Adults, $6; Children 12 & under, $3.
- Little White Church Antiques & More - Eats & Treats Café - Main St - Wednesday thru Sunday - 9 am to 4 pm. Closing on Oct. 16.
- Stove Top Country Store Antiques & Decoratives - Main St - Thursday thru Saturday - 10 am-5 pm - Memorial Day weekend - Columbus Day weekend
- Creative Collections - Pleasant St - Saturday and Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm
- Phillips Historical House - Open on 1st and 3rd Sundays, May thru Oct - 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012
- Maine Native Driftwood Santas - Thursday thru Saturday, until Christmas - Noon to 5:00 pm or whenever the OPEN sign is out. Located at 32 River Rd (Rt 149 South)
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|