|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
TOWN OF PHILLIPS
NOTICE OF ROAD CLOSURE FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
OCTOBER 27, 2014 – DECEMBER 1, 2014
The Reeds Mill Road will be closed to through traffic at Route 142, Salem Road, to the intersection of Toothaker Pond Road (Bragg Corner) to replace the Warm Brook culvert.Through traffic can use the East Madrid Road and/or the Toothaker Pond Road.
Town of Phillips
VEHICLES & EQUIPMENT FOR SALE
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON NOV 4, 2014
Starting Monday, Nov 3 - Winter Entrance - Side Door
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Micro Loan Committee - Opening for one Phillips member.
Planning Board - Openings for two members and one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Wednesday - Nov 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Nov 4 - 4:30 pm - at the Phillips School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wed - Nov 05 - 6pm - Phillips Town Office
- Phillips Circle for the Arts - Tuesday - Nov 11 - 7:00 pm at Morning Bridge Center.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Nov 10 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Nov 19 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Back to School Roller Skating - Last Saturday of the month - 10:00 am to noon - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - 1st time free - $3/child; $5/2children of same family thereafter. For info call Jen James at 639-2869.
- Nov 8 - Saturday - Baked Bean Super - starting at 5 pm & an Evening of Music by Native Oak - at Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - $10 adults; $5 children -Fundraiser for the Maintenance Fund of American Legion Post #64.
- Nov 8 - Saturday - Hunters' Breakfast - 4:30 am t0 9:30 am - Phillips School - Proceeds benefit the 8th Grade's Class Trip in 2015.
- Nov 15 - Saturday - Annual Craft Fair - 9 am to 2 pm - at the Phillips Community House, Main Street - Sponsored by The Community of Christian Women and the Phillips Community Church. For more info contact Jeanne Conroy, 639-3000.
- Nov 19 - Wednesday - Phillips Library Book Group - Stonesvfrom the River by Ursula Hegi - at the Phillips Library - 10 a.m. - All ARE Welcome
- Nov 1 - Saturday - Halloween Roller Skating Party - 10 a.m. to noon - ages 5 to 10 - hosted by the Phillips Community Center.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|