|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phillips Chamber of Commerce will meet Wednesday, October 12, 2016 @ 6:30 PM for election of officers. In order for the Chamber to function this need is immediate. A quorum of the board of directors is necessary for this election. The thirteen directors are elected to three-year terms, expiring in 2017. (last election was held in 2014) The standing board consists of the following people: Lori Berry, Steve Smith, Tami Bredeau, Janet White, Bruce Godin, Mel Galusha, Lincoln Haines, Dina Goodwin, Jan Norton, Todd Olson, Steve Townley, Larry Pinkham, Jim Engel. If you see your name listed, or you wish to hold an office, please make every effort to attend the meeting. The Chamber cannot hold an election without at least seven directors present.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Sept 27 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Oct. 10 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - Oct. 24 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center Board meeting - Tuesday - Oct 4 - 4:30 pm - at the PACC -
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - October 12 - 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office. See Notice above.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee meeting - Wed - October 19 - 4:00 pm at Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wed - Oct 19 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Oct 1 - Saturday - The Ghost Train - at the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes RR Museum begins at 6:30 pm with tickets sold until 9:30 pm - Phillips Middle School 8th Grade Class providing the decorations, spooks and concession stand. More info here.
- Oct 2 - Sunday - Sandy River Ramblers benefit concert at Reeds Mill Church, Reeds Mill Road, Madrid - 2 pm.
- Oct 1- 8 - 25th AnnualScarecrow Reunion, Main St at intersection of Rtes 149 & 142 - Judging on Oct. 8 - Sponsored by Phillips Conservation Commission - Entry form and contest rules.
- Oct 7 - Friday - Phillips Community Church, U.C.C. Chicken Supper - 5 pm-6:30 pm - Phillips Middle School.
- Oct 8 - Saturday - FALL FEST - sponsored by the Sandy River Business Association:
- Oct 7 & 8 - Friday and Saturday - Old Books & Silent Bid Art Sale - at Phillips Public Library - Books sale on Friday and Saturday - Silent Bid Art Sale - Saturday - 10 am - 4 pm.
- Oct 8 - Saturday - Chicken Shoot at North Franklin Park - 9 am. - Sponsored by the Sportsmen's Club.
- Oct 8 - Saturday - Annual Franklin County History Tour - Phillips Historical Museum open 10 am - 4 pm.
- Oct 8 - Saturday - Saturday - Ambleside Living History Museum - Tours from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Oct 8 - Saturday - Crock Pot Cook-Off - 5 pm to 7 pm - and Native Oak concert - 7 pm - at the Phillips Area Community Center.
- Oct 8 & 9 - Saturday & Sunday - SR&RL RR Train - 11 am - 5 pm -Hourly train rides on both days. Powered by Monson #3 steam engine.
- Oct. 15 (Sat evening, 6:30 pm) & 16 (Sunday matinee, 2 pm) - Phillips Follies IV - at the Phillips Area Community Center - Adults, $6; Children 12 & under, $3.
- Little White Church Antiques & More - Eats & Treats Café - Main St - Wednesday thru Sunday -May 18 thru Oct 16 - 9 am to 4 pm.
- Stove Top Country Store Antiques & Decoratives - Main St - Thursday thru Saturday - 10 am-5 pm - Memorial Day weekend - Columbus Day weekend
- Creative Collections - Pleasant St - Saturday and Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm
- Phillips Historical House - Open on 1st and 3rd Sundays, May thru Oct - 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012
- Maine Native Driftwood Santas - Thursday thru Saturday, until Christmas - Noon to 5:00 pm or whenever the OPEN sign is out. Located at 32 River Rd (Rt 149 South)
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|