|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Informational Meeting
Red Cross Blood Drive on July 28 at the PACC - 1 pm to 6 pm. Appointments, 1-800-733-2767, & walk-ins welcome - no waiting
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- July 25 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Aug 14- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - July 24 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Aug 1 - 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - July 13 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Help plan for Old Home Days. Volunteers needed during Old Home Days.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday -July 18 - 4:30 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - July 19 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- 2017 Old Home Days - August 13 thru August 20 - Parade on Friday, August 18 - Theme: "My Favorite Fairy Tale." Brochure of events will be posted here when available.
- July 13 - Thursday - 7 pm - " Runa" band from Ireland - at the PACC, Depot St - Adults, $15; Students, $5.
- July 15 - Saturday - Farmers Market Drawing - Those going to the market will be eligible to win a 10-inch pie from Winona Davenport.
- July 15-16 - Sat & Sun - Wild West Weekend on the SR&RL - Trains run on the hour 1 1am-4 pm on Saturday & 11 am to 3 pm on Sunday. Fares: $6.00 ages 13 and up, $1.00 under 13, and children under five, free. Read details of what to expect.
- July 19 - 22 - Wed thru Sat - Library Studio Sale adjacent to the Library - hundreds of items at $1 each - open during library hours.
- July 22 - Saturday - 7 pm - Eve Makilya, Boston singer of jazz, gospel, classics - at the PACC, Depot St - Adults, $10; Students, $5.
- Aug 3 - Thursday - 7 pm - Sultans of String, World Group of the Year at Canadian Folk Music Awards - at the PACC - Adults, $15; Students, $5. See Press Release.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. More information.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides (Steam) - Most Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays. See Schedule for dates.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers Market - 15 Depot St - Saturdays - Open May 27 through Sept. - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center (PACC), Depot St.
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Watch for information re Auction to raise money for Historical Museum on August 13. If you have item(s) to donate, contact David Morgan at 639-3717.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 17 thru Oct. 15 - 9 am to 4pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Jam Sessions with Kathy Card (guitar & mandolin) - On the deck of Little White Church or inside in the Eats & Treats Cafe - Sundays - 2 pm to 4 pm. Bring your instruments (String Only) to jam with Kathy or just come to listen. Free. Questions? Call the LWC, 639-2885.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St, now open - Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|