|ahuroardA small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phillips Town Office is now located at 124 Main Street.
TRUCK DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/LABORER
This position requires the operation of trucks and equipment involved in road construction/repair and in snow and ice removal operations of the Public Works Department. A valid, clean class B CDL license is a must and construction/snow removal driving experience needed. A pre-employment physical and chemical/drug screen test is required. Benefits. Applications can be obtained at the Phillips Town Office located at 15 Russell Street, Phillips. Applications accepted until filled.
The town of Phillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CONNECTME ASKS MAINERS TO TEST AREAS IN NEED OF FASTER BROADBAND, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for one regular member and one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
Conservation Commission - Opening for two members.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday - Nov 26 - 6:00 pm at new location of Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Dec 9 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Dec 3- 4:30 pm - at Shadagee Common Room.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee - Tuesday - Jan 21, 2020 - 6:00 pm - Phillips town office.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - Nov 20 - 6:00 pm - at Phillips Community Center, Main St. This is the Annual Holiday Pot Luck dinner and Yankee Swap for members and their guests. There will be a brief business meeting to elect officers.
- Narrow Gauge Quilters - Weekly meetings on Thursday at 1 pm at the Phillips Library.
- Al-Anon Meeting - First Wednesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting.
- Phillips Area Food Pantry - Open 2nd and 4th Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm; 3rd Thursday, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm and 3rd Saturday 9 a.m .to 11 a.m. - Located at Phillips Town Office, Russell St.
- Phillips Farmers' Market, Depot St - Open 9 am to 1 pm - Saturdays - Opening May 25 until the last Saturday in September.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - Train Rides - Weekends - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturdays and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sundays.
- Native Maine Driftwood Santas, 32 River Road (Rte 149) - September to Dec 24- Open Thursday thru-Saturday -12:00 to 5:00 p.m. - or by appointment. 639-2048
Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Opening day for 2019 season: May 5.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - Reopens June 2020 - Thursday thru Sunday - 9 am to 4 pm until the end of Sept. - Cafe closed - Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St - Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Shop closed - Find it on Facebook and soon on eBay.
Dates of Future Events.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|