|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
24TH ANNUAL SCARECROW REUNION
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Openings for one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Oct. 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Oct 6- 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Oct 6 - Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7pm to 8 pm Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - Oct 14 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Oct 12 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Oct 21 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Community Room.
- Little White Church Antiques and Café - October hours: Open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Friday thru Sunday. Cafe will remain open as long as sales support it.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - Starts promptly at 6:30 pm - Partners only - at American Legion, Depot St - $5 admission - Payouts for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places, depending on number of tables.
- Poker Night - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St.
- Phillips Historical Society House - Open 1st & 3rd Sundays of he month - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad - See Operating Schedule
- Native Oak & Apple Bake-Off - Friday, Oct 2 - 7 pm at the Phillips Area Community Center. Bring your favorite apple dessert to share and compete. Adults $8, Children, $4 (PACC members get $1 discount).
- Ghost Train - Saturday, Oct 3 - Trains leave Sanders Station on Bridge St starting at 6:30 pm. $5 Adults, $3 for children under 13, Babes in arms free. Sponsored by 8th Grade Students & SRRRL.
- 24th Annual Phillips Scarecrow Reunion - Oct 3 & 4 thru 18th - Main St at intersection of Rt 142 and Rt 149. No registration fee - Click here for details.
- Franklin County History Tour - Oct. 10 - 10 am to 4 pm - Phillips Historical Society - Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes RR and Madrid's Reeds Mill Church are participating in county-wide tour.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|