|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Openings for one alternate.
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Nov 10 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Dec 1 - 4:30 pm - at Mrs. Kane's classroom, Phillips School.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Dec 1 - Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7 pm to 8 pm Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - Nov 11 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Dec 8 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Nov 18 - 6:00 pm - at Phillips Community House, Main St. Holiday Potluck and Yankee Swap.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Bingo - Held on 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Lion's Club Auction - Saturday - Nov. 14 - 6 pm (viewing at 5 pm) - Phillips Elementary School.
- Christmas Craft Fair benefiting the Community of Christian Women and Phillips Community Church - Saturday - Nov. 14 - 9 am to 2 pm - Community House, Main St.
- 8th Grade Holiday Craft Fair - Saturday - Nov. 21 - 9 am to 2 pm at Phillips Elementary School.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|