|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
TOWN OF PHILLIPS
The Town of Phillips is seeking bids for the former Town Office building located at 22 Main Street, Phillips, Maine. Information regarding land and building value, a copy of the tax map and property deed, is available. All bids must be sealed and labeled, “Old Town Office Bid” and include a Treasurer’s Check for full paymenmade payable to Town of Phillips.
All bids must be returned to the Phillips Town Office no later than 4:00 PM, Tuesday, October 14, 2014, to be opened at the Selectmen’s meeting that evening at 6:00 PM.
For more information contact the Phillips Town Office located at 15 Russell Street, Phillips, ME 04966 or by phoning 207-639-3561.
The Town of Phillips reserves the right to refuse any and all bids.
NOTICE: Town Ofice will be closed on Thursday afternoon, October 9.
23rd ANNUAL SCARECROW REUNION
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Micro Loan Committee - Opening for one Phillips member.
Planning Board - Openings for one member and one alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Oct 7 - 5:00 pm - at the PACC.
- Revitalization Committee Meeting - Tues - Oct. 28- 5:15 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Circle for the Arts - Tuesday - Oct 14 - 7:00 pm at Morning Bridge Center.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Oct 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Oct 15 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Little White Church Antiques - October schedule - Saturdays & Sundays - 9 am to 4 pm.
- May thru October - Phillips Historical Society House - 1st and 3rd Sundays. Each month will highlight a different aspect of area history.
- First Saturday of the Month Flea Market at the PACC, Depot St - Extended for one more month - Oct. 4 - 10 am to 2 pm. - For information, call Pam at 639-2630.
- Back to School Roller Skating - Last Saturday of the month - 10:00 am to noon - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - 1st time free - $3/child; $5/2children of same family thereafter. For info call 639-2869.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - See train Schedule.
- Oct 4 - Saturday - Franklin County History Tour - 9 am to 5 pm - Visit one, more or all. Participating historical societies and museums: Phillips Historical Society - Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Rail Road; Madrid Historical Society - Farmington HS - Titcomb & Octagon House; Kingfield HS ; Hammond Museum; Strong HS; Rangeley HS-Rangeley Logging Museum - Rangeley Outdoor Sporting Heritage Museum - Stanley Museum - Wilton Farm and Home Museum.
- Oct 4 & 5 - Saturday & Sunday - 23rd Annual Scarecrow Reunion - Intersection of Rt. 142 & Rt. 149 - Votes taken from Oct 5 thru Columbus Day - For more information call Sharon or Dana at 639-2421 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 4 - Saturday & Sunday - Ghost Train - 6:30-9:00 pm - Sander Station, Bridge Street. Food available on site - 8th Grade benefit - $5 for 13 and older, $3 for children.
- Oct 10 - Friday - Chicken Supper - at Phillips School - 5:00 to 6:30 pm - Adults, $8.00 and Children under 12, $5.00.
- Oct 22 - Wednesday - Phillips Library Book Group - We Took to the Woods by Louise Dickinson - at the Phillips Library - 10 a.m. - All ARE Welcome.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|