|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Full
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
Budget Committee openings - now is the time to apply.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- Feb 9 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - March 1 - 4:30 pm - at Mrs. Kane's classroom, Phillips School.
- Al-Anon Meeting - March 1 - Tuesday (every 1st Tuesday of the month) - 7 pm to 8 pm Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - Feb 10 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - March 14 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Feb 17- 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Bingo - Held on 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Feb 13, Saturday - 11 am to 1 pm - Annual Valentine Tea - at Phillips Public Library - All welcomed.
- Feb 13, Saturday - 5:30 pm - Valentine Potluck Community Dinner - at Phillips Community House, Main St. (Call Barb Gardiner, 684-3394, let her know what you are bringing and she will reserve a place for you.)
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|