|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Notice of Formal Public Meeting
To discuss a proposed sidewalk on Main St.
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- May 23 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - June 12- 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - Monday - June 26 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Public Meeting to discuss proposed sidewalks - Thursday - May 25 - 6:00 pm at the Phillips town office. Representatives of MaineDOT and the Design firm will be there. This is the time to ask questions or get more information of what to expect and possible future costs.
- Phillips Area Community Center board meeting - Tuesday - June 6 - 4:30 pm - at the P.A.C.C.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Thursday - June 8 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Common Room. Help plan for Old Home Days.
- Sandy River Business Association - Wednesday - June 21 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee All-Purpose Room.
- Phillips Town Meeting - Thursday - June 22 - 6:00 pm - at the PACC.
- Micro Loan Committee Meeting - Wednesday -July 18 - 4:30 pm - at Phillips Town Office.
- 2017 Old Home Days - August 13 thru August 20 - Parade on Friday, August 18 - Theme: "My Favorite Fairy Tale." Suggestions for "Honored Couple" may be made until June 8. Buckets for suggestions are in area stores.
- May 27 - Saturday - 10:00 am - Book Discussion - "Among the Shadows by Bruce Coffin.
- June 3 & 4 - 5th Annual Welcome to Summer - Sponsored by Sandy River Business Association. More details in Vitalizer III #10 linked below.
- June 3 & 4 - Lilac Festival - Sandy River Gardens - Open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm - Saturday only: Live music 10 am to 2 pm - Free refreshments all weekend. Free perennial for all attending Lilac Festival.
- June 3 - Saturday - Third Annual Readeers, Writers, and Runners 5K - 10 AM at Phillips Public Library - $10 Pre-registration/$15 day-of - Registrations opens at 9 am. - Meet Maine Author Bruce Robert Coffin.
- June 3 - Saturday - The Wicked Good Band - 7:00 pm at the Phillips Area Community Center - Admission $10 - Sponsored by Edmunds' Market. More info.
- June 3, 2017 - Saturday - 5th Annual Fly Casting Clinic for both Traditional & "Tenkara" - Fox Carlton Pond Camps - see Poster for Details.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. More information.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - noon to 3 pm - bring your lunch - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate Dunham at 639-2012 or Susan Randow at 500-1418.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - 6:00 pm sharp - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
- Phillips Farmers Market - 15 Depot St - Saturdays - Open May 27 through Sept. - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Flea and Craft Market - First Saturday of each month through Sept - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - located at the Phillips Area Community Center (PACC), Depot St.
- Phillips Historical House, 8 Pleasant St - Open May through October - 1st and 3rd Sundays - 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Little White Church Antiques, Eats & Treats - May 17 thru Oct. 15 - 9 am to 4pm Wed thru Sunday. Located at 83 Main St.
- Stove Top Country Store, 30 Main St, now open - Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Creative Collections - 10 Pleasant St - Opens for season, June 3 - Saturdays & Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|