|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLD HOME DAYS, August 8-17; Parade, Friday, 15th
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for one member and two alternates.
Micro Loan Committee - Opening for one Phillips member.
Planning Board - Openings for one member and one alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday - August 26 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - Sept 2 - 5:30 pm - at the PACC.
- Revitalization Committee Meeting - Tues - August 26- 5:15 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Circle for the Arts - Tuesday - Sept 9 - 7:00 pm at Morning Bridge Center.
-- Phillips Planning Board Meeting - Monday - Sept. 8 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed - Aug 20 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
Ongoing Throughout the Summer
- Little White Church Antiques summer schedule - Wed thru Sunday- 9 am to 4 pm. Café, Eats & Treats offers sandwiches, salads, baked goods and beverages.
- May thru October - Phillips Historical Society House - 1st and 3rd Sundays. Each month will highlight a different aspect of area history.
- Phillips Farmers Market , Depot St. - Saturdays -10 am to 2 pm.
- Flea Market and Craft Fair - First Saturday of the month at the Phillips Area Community Center - 10:00 am to 2 pm - June through Sept.
- Back to School Skating - Last Saturday of the month - 10:00 am to noon - at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. - 1st time free - $3/child; $5/2children of same family thereafter. For info call 639-2869.
- Phillips Public Library Children's Summer Reading Program "Science Rocks" - Every Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. until August 13.
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad - See train Schedule.
- August 20 - Wed - Book Club discussion - The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski - at the Phillips Library at 10 a.m.
- August 21 - Thurs - Celtic Concert, Bon Debarras, a dynamic trio from Montreal - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Tickets $15.
- August 26 - Tues - Bianca Caruso (Freddy & Francine) - 7 pm - at the Phillips Library Studio - Admission $10 - Limited seating - advance tickets may be purchased at the Library.
- Sept 5, 6, 7 - Friday-Sunday - "Fall Fest in Phillips" - There is something for everyone Click here for a rundown on events.
Phillips Area Vitalizer Newsletter - No. 75 - June 30, 2014
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to email@example.com|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|