|A small Maine town, a quiet life, a great place to live|
PHILLIPS INCORPORATED IN 1812
In Phillips we have an old Maine way about us. It has never been a Mainer’s trait to say anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Our quietness comes out of respect for each other’s space and privacy. Our intimacy comes from sharing times together ... stocking up at the store in preparation for a storm, gathering at a bean supper in the Community Hall, lining up along Main Street to see the Old Home Days Parade.
We look out for each other here. We leave our cars running in the parking lot during the cold weather. We’ll wave to you as we drive by whether or not we know you, and the appropriate response is to wave back, just a finger or a hand twitch will do. Smiling is appreciated, but optional.
We like the quietness of our life here, we love the beauty of our mountains and clean rivers, and we’re proud of our hardworking way of life. We hope this website will encourage you to visit us for a little while, or a long while. We’d love to hear from you. Write to us at email@example.com.
Phillips Annual Town Meeting - Thursday, June 23, 6:00 pm
2016 Old Home Days - Aug 14 - Aug 21- Parade, Aug 19
Boards and Committees: Application here Drop off at Town Office.
Board of Appeals - Opening for two members and two alternates.
Planning Board - Vacancy for alternate
Phillips Fire Department seeking volunteers. Info at 639-FIRE.
- Selectmen's Meeting - Tuesday- June 7 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Meeting - Monday - June 13 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Planning Board Workshop only meeting - tentative date: Monday - June 27 - 6:00 pm at Town Office.
- Phillips Area Community Center meeting - Tuesday - June 7 - 4:30 pm - at Mrs. Kane's classroom, 2nd Fl, Phillips School.
- Phillips Chamber of Commerce - Wednesday - June 8 - at 6:30 pm at the Phillips Town Office.
- Phillips Area Micro-Loan Committee Meeting - Tuesday - July 19 - 4:30 pm at Phillips Town Office.
- Sandy River Business Assoc - Wed -June 15 - 6:00 pm - at Shadagee Meeting Room.
- Phillips Area Micro Loan Committee members will be available on Wed, June 1, by appointment for One-on-One meetings to learn more about Micro Loan application and assistance available for applicants. Afternoon appointments, 1:00 to 4:00 at Phillips Town Office and evening 5:00 to 7:00 pm at Avon Town Office. For an appointment call 639-5000.
- Welcome to Summer - June 4 & 5 - Annual Event - 16 businesses and organizations participating - Sponsored by Sandy River Business Assoc. - prizes, events, etc. Click here for more details.
- 2nd Annual Readers, Writers and Runners 5K - Saturday, June 4 - Phillips Public Library. Walkers start at 9:45 am - Runners start at 10:00 am - Register either online at http://phillips.lib.me.us/ $10 before day of race, $15 on day of race. Details here.
- Ambleside Tours, Sat & Sun - June 4 & 5 - 1:30-4:30pm - at Ambleside (brick house at end of Amble St.)
- Country Band, "Down the Dirt Road" Saturday, June 4 - 7 pm to 9 pm at the Phillips Area Community Center, Depot St. Adults, $8 ($1 discount for Leaderss of the PACC, Students/Children, $4 - Refreshments on sale.
- Little White Church Antiques & More - Eats & Treats Café - May 18 thru Oct 16 - 9 am to 4 pm.
- Creative Collections - Saturday and Sundays - 10 am to 3 pm - (Sundays only in May)
- Farmers Market - Saturdays - May 28 thru Sept 24 - 10 am to 2 pm - at American Legion building, Depot St. More info.
- Phillips Historical House - Open on 1st and 3rd Sundays, May thru Oct - 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Community Fiber Gatherings - 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month - at the Community House, Main Street - 1 pm to 3 pm - for all crafts: knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, needlepoint - sewing - meet neighbors and share your knowledge. Questions? Call Kate at 639-2012
- Flea & Craft Market - Every first Saturday of the month (May 7, June 4, July 2, Aug 6, Sept 3 - held at the PACC, Depot St. - Click here for more information.
- Poker Hold-Em - Held on 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Bingo - Held on 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments. Suspended temporarily.
- Cribbage - Every Wed - 6:30 pm - $5 entry fee, bring a partner to play with you - American Legion, Depot St. - Refreshments.
- Al-Anon Meeting - Every 1st Tuesday of the month - 7 pm to 8 pm - Avon Town Office, Rt. 4, Avon. Closed meeting. Questions - contact Carol at 639-5421.
Phillips Area Community Center (PACC)
|PFor more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|© Town of Phillips, Maine 2004 Website by McManus Creative|